Friday, December 31, 2010

The Knitting Year in Review


Looking back at my Ravelry project pages, I can see that 2009 was my Year of the Scarf and 2010 turned into the Year of the Shawl. I progressed from an almost entirely garter stitch 2008 to a very lacey 2010.

By the numbers, my knitting addiction in 2010 produced:
  • 8 shawls
  • 9 scarves
  • 6 items for dolls
  • 4 hats
  • 1 small afghan
  • 10 large afghan squares
  • 1 sweater
  • 2 pairs of socks
  • 3 bags
  • 3 magnets
  • 3 bookmarks
  • 1 headband
  • 1 pin cushion
  • 2 wash cloths
  • 1 pair of fingerless mitts
  • 1 toy
Here are a few of the pictorial highlights (that I haven't already talked about ad infinitum here on the blog):

"Kernel," aka the Scarf That Nearly Killed Us All.
(Suffice it to say I'll never participate in the Ravelympics challenge again -- my family won't let me. But isn't the scarf lovely? Check out the little beads!)
"Clapotis" pronounced clap-o-tee, aka The Peer Pressure Shawl. 16,000+ of these have been made by Ravelry members since the pattern was published in 2004.
"Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf," aka People Will Think You're a Knitting Genius Scarf.  I made this using a single skein of crazy yarn (Fiona by Feza Yarns) which alternated between lace weight mohair and a multi-colored lumpy boucle. It's knitted in one piece but looks like patchwork triangles. It's a fun pattern and it made this bizarre yarn look fabulous.





"Strangling Vine," aka Feel the Love Scarf. Despite the intimidating name, this is my project that gets the most little hearts on Ravelry. I used Ella Rae Bamboo Silk yarn in my favorite color and even as I was knitting it, the Selfish Knitter in my head was saying, "Mine, mine, mine."

Happy New Year! May your creativity flourish in 2011.

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I enjoyed looking at your look back at 2010. Inspires me to do the same with my work. Love the "peer pressure shawl". I made one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. My word verification was peezr - for cpeezers! Just had to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lordy! EIGHT SHAWLS! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a lovely gallery of FO's -- you should be very pleased with your fine lacework!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful shawls in one year! My faves are Ginger Leaves and Heart of Wales. The Feel the Love scarf is lovely, too. Your productivity is amazing. Here's to a new year of new knits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Gorgeous shawls. You are quite the prolific knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work! My year 2010 was pretty much about shawls as well! Your Kernel was really worth the trouble (as far as I can see..)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. All comments are moderated (to reduce spam), so there will be a short delay before your comment is displayed. Thank you.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.