Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween: The Recap

Mission accomplished. Here's my angel ...


Top and skirt from
Butterick pattern
#3218

The halo came out better than I expected: I used black pipe cleaners as the base and wrapped the ring with sparkly star garland and a narrow braided silver cord. I used two pieces of floral wire to attach the sides of it to a plastic hairband so that it slightly "floated" over her hair.

She could have used an extra layer for warmth, but didn't want to ruin her "look." I carried around a sweater for her, just in case, and managed to lose it along the trick-or-treating route.

We went trick-or-treating with friends and acquired plenty of candy, so a good time was had by all.


8 comments:

  1. So cute! Great job on the costume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well done, Mary!! It fits her perfectly (always the biggest challenge on any hand sewn garment!), and the halo looks great.
    You are a wonderful Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile!! So glad it went well and that you all had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! She does look an angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The costume turned out great! She looks so angelically pretty. Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back and some of that candy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful! thanks for sharing the pics! I've been looking forward to seeing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, where's the too cute button? As well as the gold-star-for-mom button! I like it all ... and especially those shiny silver shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your feedback. All comments are moderated (to reduce spam), so there will be a short delay before your comment is displayed. Thank you.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.